The Rigel Multi-Flo is designed to allow service agents and users to easily upgrade the firmware by using the internet to download the latest firmware. The firmware can then be installed using a USB stick.
The required upgrade firmware can be found at rigelmedical.com website.
Note: When downloading firmware from the Rigel medical website, the downloaded file is zipped and therefore you must unzip this on your PC then copy ONLY the file with extension; .tar.bz2.
- Multi-Flo Manual
- USB memory stick.
- Multi-Flo (Multi-Flo_firmware_update_AXX.tar.bz2
Note: XX is any number which varies with each new release.
1) Refer to the user manual to identify the F1 and F2 function keys.
2) Copy the firmware onto a USB stick in the correct file format (tar.bz2).
3) Press and hold F1 for 15 seconds, while switching on the Rigel Multi-Flo
4) Follow on screen instructions, Press F2.
5) Insert the USB memory stick containing a single copy of the firmware upgrade into the Rigel Multi-Flo USB port.
Note: Please make sure that there is no other files on the USB stick
6) Press F1; wait while the firmware is updated.
Note: If the USB stick is large i.e. more than 4 GB it might take few seconds for the Multi-Flo to see it so be a little patient before you press the update button.
7) The Rigel Multi-Flo will then show the message:
Update complete, restart the system or press F1 to return to the main screen
NOTE: There is only one update file which is set up to update up to four channels. Therefore if you have only a two channel Multi-Flo you will need to check that channels 1 and 2 has updated successfully. Any unused channels will come up with a failed to update Pic[x] message for the missing channel(s) which can be ignored.
8) Switch off the Rigel Multi-Flo
9) Remove USB memory stick
10) Restart the Multi-Flo in normal mode
Note: To obtain updates when the latest firmware is available, the Rigel Multi-Flo will need to be registered. This will also provide automatic upgrade alerts to the user.