The Rigel Multi-Flo is designed to allow service agents and users to easily upgrade the firmware by using the internet to download the latest firmware. The firmware can then be installed using a USB stick.
The required upgrade firmware can be found at rigelmedical.com website.
Note: When downloading firmware from the Rigel medical website, the downloaded file is zipped and therefore you must unzip this on your PC then copy ONLY the file with extension; .tar.bz2.
- Multi-Flo Manual
- USB memory stick.
- Multi-Flo (Multi-Flo_firmware_update_AXX.tar.bz2
Note: XX is any number which varies with each new release.
1) Refer to the user manual to identify the F1 and F2 function keys.
2) Copy the firmware onto a USB stick in the correct file format (tar.bz2).
3) Press and hold F1 for 15 seconds, while switching on the Rigel Multi-Flo
4) Follow on screen instructions, Press F2.
5) Insert the USB memory stick containing a single copy of the firmware upgrade into the Rigel Multi-Flo USB port.
Note: Please make sure that there is no other files on the USB stick
6) Press F1; wait while the firmware is updated.
Note: If the USB stick is large i.e. more than 4 GB it might take few seconds for the Multi-Flo to see it so be a little patient before you press the update button.
7) The Rigel Multi-Flo will then show the message:
Update complete, restart the system or press F1 to return to the main screen
NOTE: There is only one update file which is set up to update up to four channels. Therefore if you have only a two channel Multi-Flo you will need to check that channels 1 and 2 has updated successfully. Any unused channels will come up with a failed to update Pic[x] message for the missing channel(s) which can be ignored.
8) Switch off the Rigel Multi-Flo
9) Remove USB memory stick
10) Restart the Multi-Flo in normal mode
Note: To obtain updates when the latest firmware is available, the Rigel Multi-Flo will need to be registered. This will also provide automatic upgrade alerts to the user.
Sign up to our Newsletter.
Stay up to date with the latest industry and product news, as well as our free educational content such as webinars and our expert guides.