Please check your firmware before proceeding with this document. The firmware appears during the instrument’s start up.
If the Uni-Sim has firmware 3.xx, follow the instructions in Section A.
If the Uni-Sim has firmware 4.xx, skip to the instructions in Section B.
A Uni-Sim with 3.xx firmware will not be compatible and will not update to 4.xx firmware.
SECTION A. 3.xx Firmware
• Uni-Sim with power supply
• PC with Bluetooth connectivity
• Uni-Sim firmware files (downloadable from www.rigelmedical.com/downloads)
• DataTransfer.exe for file transfer (downloadable from www.rigelmedical.com/downloads)
Note: Ensure the Uni-Sim is connected to the power supply before attempting the upgrade.
Step by step process:
1. Power on the Uni-Sim in upgrade mode (Hold ‘U’ whilst powering on the unit)
2. Press F1 for Menu
3. Scroll down to Bluetooth Pairing and Press F2 to Accept.
4. Press F4 Config to configure the Bluetooth connection. Wait for the OK message before proceeding.
5. Press F3 to search for your Bluetooth enabled PC.
6. Once the search has completed, use the <> keys to identify your device in the menu.
7. Press F2 to connect to your device. The Bluetooth symbol will appear on the Uni-Sim display once pairing is successful.
8. Press F1 Esc to return to the menu.
9. Press F1 for menu
10. Press F2 for Code Update. Wait for confirmation of the current version of Uni-Sim firmware before proceeding.
11. Open the DataTransfer.exe program on the PC. Go to File>Code Update and locate the updated firmware files Main_Pic.hex, Patient_Sim.hex and Rigel388.mhx. First select Main_Pic.hex and select open.
12. The message ‘Erasing’ will appear on the Uni-Sim and DataTransfer program, shortly followed by ‘Programming’.
13. Wait for the process to complete, then repeat the transfer for the Patient_Sim.hex and Rigel388.mhx files.
14. Once the transfer is complete, turn off the Uni-Sim and restart in normal mode.
SECTION B. 4.xx Firmware
- Rigel Uni-Sim
- PC with Bluetooth connectivity
- Rigel UNI-SiM Firmware 4.xx file (Download available below)
- R288FirmwareLoader.exe program (Download available below)
Note: Ensure the Rigel UNI-SiM power supply is connected before attempting the firmware upgrade.
15. Power on the Rigel UNI-SiM in upgrade mode (Hold ‘U’ and power on the unit using the GREEN ON key)
16. Press F1 for Menu
17. Scroll down to Bluetooth Pairing and Pressure F2 to Accept
18. Press F4 Config. To configure the Bluetooth connection. Wait for the OK message before proceeding
19. Press F3 to Search for your Bluetooth enabled PC
20. Once the search has completed, Use the <> keys to identify your PC device in the menu
21. Press F2 to Connect to your device. The Bluetooth symbol will appear in the top right corner of the Rigel screen when pairing is successful
Note: If the symbol does not appear, check to see if pairing needs to be confirmed on the PC
22. Press F1 Esc to return to the menu
23. Press F1 for Menu
24. Press F2 for Code Update. Wait for confirmation of the current version of Rigel UNI-SiM firmware before proceeding
25. Select either Bluetooth connection using the <> menu
26. Open the R288FirmwareLoader.exe program on the PC. Select the correct COM port
27. Press … box to locate the updated Firmware file and select Open
28. Press the Connect box to pair devices
29. Press the Upload box to upload the selected firmware
Sign up to our Newsletter.
Stay up to date with the latest industry and product news, as well as our free educational content such as webinars and our expert guides.