The Rigel Uni-Therm is designed to allow service agents and users to easily upgrade the firmware by using the internet to download the latest firmware. The firmware can then be installed using a USB stick.
The required upgrade firmware can be found on the rigelmedical.com website.
Note: When downloading firmware from the Rigel medical website, the downloaded file is a self-extracting .exe which will produce the required file.
- Uni-Therm(or Rigel 377+)
- Uni-Therm Manual
- USBmemory stick.
- Uni-Therm (unitherm_firmware_update_AXX.tar.bz2
- OR Rigel 377+ (esa377plus_firmware_update_AXX.tar.bz2
Note: XX is any number which varies with each new release.
1) Refer to the user manual to identify the F1 and F2 function keys.
2) Copy the firmware onto a USB stick in the correct file format (tar.bz2).
3) Press and hold F1 for 15 seconds, while switching on the Rigel Uni-Therm/377 +.
4) Follow on screen instructions, Press F2.
5) Insert the USB memory stick containing a single copy of the firmware upgrade into the Rigel Uni-Therm/377 + USB port.
6) Press F1; wait while the firmware is updated.
7) Rigel Uni-Therm/377 + will then show the message:
Update complete, restart the system or press F1 to return to the main screen
8) Switch off Rigel Uni-Therm/377 +
9) Remove USB memory stick
10) Restart the Uni-Therm(or Rigel 377+) in normal mode
Note: To obtain the latest firmware, the Rigel Uni-Therm will need to be registered. This will also provide automatic upgrade alerts to theuser.